Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Peace Out...(V2)

Hey,everyone...I once wrote this poem as long as 12 verses about peace.And then I lost the damned paper.So I wrote I shortened version from the fragments that I could remember to send for a competition in school.And a few months after that I found the original poem again.And then now I've gone and lost it again.It's a twisted story.Conclusion : I've lost the original version,so here's the shortened one that's no where as good as the original.Enjoy.

-Peace-

Peace is not a dream to be,
No matter how it may seem to me,
I skip happily through meadows green,
Singing softly to the wind.

Without a care in the world,
With dolls and toys in a heap,
While somewhere else in the world,
There are children with no beds in which to sleep.

Not knowing where their next meal would come from,
Or when the next bomb would fall,
What wrong have these children done,
To suffer these atrocities caused by man.

I would like to see children rock to the beat of lively music,not rocked by bombs,
I would like to see people shocked by kindness,not shocked by cruelty,
You and I can make a difference,
Let us begin the journey towards making peace,not a mere dream anymore,but reality.



That one was very simple,so I'm not exactly expecting any raving comments from you people,but I just felt like posting it.So I did.

No comments: